Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Latest Numbers!





Many people have asked what our "numbers" are lately for our waiting process:
So...our official June numbers are: #16 for siblings, and #28 for girls!

Unfortunately we have not seen much movement at all for the last month or so--there is a lot of speculation that this has something to do with the new "2 trip policy" being implemented in Ethiopia in May. I am trying so hard not to get impatient, knowing and continually reminding myself that everything and I mean EVERYTHING happens in God's timing. Things have to go this way so that the little one/s he's picked out for our family end up in our family!

Please pray with us for our little one's health and well-being, and for her mother as well--that she would feel God's peace and presence as she needs to make such a hard decision, or that if she is sick and losing strength, that God would reassure her that her baby will be part of a loving family. This things are so hard to think about, and sometimes I don't want to think about them, but I know it's necessary. My heart breaks for the countless orphans and mothers in such a heart-wrenching position--but if my heart is breaking for the things that break God's heart, that is where I want to be. God has called us to love and care for the orphan through adoption at this stage in our life--how has He called you?

No comments:

Post a Comment