Friday, November 19, 2010

Just Waiting For a Call!


Hi Everyone!
So we are waiting (unofficially)at #1 for our baby girl and #4 for siblings! Is it possible to be peaceful and on edge at the same time? Because that's how I feel! I finally changed my ring tone to something different for our case worker so I wouldn't jump every time my cell phone rang.
I did pretty well with the waiting earlier this week, but truthfully, it's getting harder now each day as I wonder what our baby girl (or our kids!) look like--I want to trace the outline of cheeks and fingers, and look into their eyes. I want a name or names to pray for. I'm ready to move on to the next step of our journey. But...it's not my timing is it? It's HIS and HIS alone. God knows best, and sees the big picture that I cannot see. Aaron is now "officially nervous." :) I cannot wait to post about "the call" and celebrate with everyone who has been praying us through this journey. The strange thing about adoption though, is that our celebration is another family's sadness as they are giving up something absolutely precious and priceless to them. I just know that somehow this is part of God's big picture and that He will be glorified in it. I just know that this is an earthly picture of what God did for each of us as spiritual orphans, and I am without words to express my gratitude to Him for allowing us to be part of it.
So...hopefully the next time I talk with you we'll have news to share. Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man...I cried through this because you so eloquently described exactly what I feel but cannot express in words....WHILE sitting at only #10. Yes, I know that is close...but as you know, still so far! I was JUST gazing at the unofficial list and noticing how close your numbers are! SO excited to see what and WHO God has in store for your family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel the same way (#2) and am so thankful for the peace--but also super excited for when the moment comes! Also was doing really well this week until like 5:30 on Fri. night when I jumped every time my phone rang. :) LOVE that God is in control of this whole process. Praying for out little girls wherever they are at this moment... :) (And can't wait for your family to get the call either--what an exciting moment!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel. I was at that place for 2 weeks wondering, and then I just had to let it go. When I finally gave it to God, the call came a couple of days after, at the time that I least expected it! You're in our prayers. It won't be long now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited for you and your family (near and far away)! This is such good long-awaited answer to prayer news!! My husband and I grieved our first two children when we miscarried. But, it was Thanksgiving Day (5 years ago, while eating Peanut Soup!) that I felt our son Jeremiah move for the first time! I grabbed my husband's hand, put it on my belly, and felt I had the truest understanding of Thanksgiving in my life...while sobbing in that soup! We named him after Jeremiah 31:13 "I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow." You are such a thoughtful parent right now as you think of your child's biological parents. That is such love! I pray that God will turn any sadness that those parents might have into joy knowing that their child will be with your loving family. HE is so capable! Have a "soup-er" Thanksgiving! We rejoice and give thanks and praise with you and we prayerful await your good news! ~April

    ReplyDelete