Sunday, December 12, 2010

WE HAVE A COURT DATE!!

Baby "G", here we come!



We received a call from one of the Ethiopia case managers on Friday afternoon right around 1:00! Our case manager "B" was out of the office that day so I had just accepted the fact that we wouldn't hear about a court date this week, but my God is a God of surprises and goodness! So "K" called on "B's" behalf to tell us she had some good news---we had a court date! February 9!

That means we need to be in the country by Sunday, February 6th, we will meet baby "G" the following day spending the 7th and 8th with her (changing, feeding, bathing, and bonding with her), and then we go to court on the 9th. We will then leave for home the 10th. I am SO excited. It is really happening! So....8 weeks from today we will be in Ethiopia. And in 8 weeks and 1 day I will be holding my baby girl. (I'm teary eyed typing this because I can't believe I'm actually typing this!)



We've already been on the phone with our travel agent, and we already have some KLM tickets held. Our itinerary needs to be approved by AGCI before we can book them, so I'm anxiously awaiting Monday so we can finalize our travel plans. We actually might leave a few days early so we have just a little extra time to explore our daughter's birth country and make memories for her that she otherwise won't have the chance to do. I want to be able to tell her about where she came from because I experienced it for her, not because I read it in a book somewhere. Does that make sense?



Thank you all so much for your prayers!
*We have a court date: now will you start praying for that court date? That everyone and everything (people and documents) that needs to be there, WILL be there, that the judge will feel he/she has complete information to make a decision immediately and won't need to issue a continuance, and for peace and comfort for "G"s birth mother throughout this process?

*Please continue to pray for baby "G"s health, growth, strength, and protection.

*Please pray for our family as we prepare for a big life change with the addition of a new little one who is going to need a lot of her mommy's time.

*Please pray for safe travel, and for health and joy for our kids who be staying at home with family (I've never been away from them for more than 2 nights).



"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3

4 comments:

  1. That is so amazing that you already have a court date! I'm sorry that we won't be able to meet you and the family then. We'll already be back in Ohio by the 3rd. Maybe we can meet for the Embassy appt. Rejoicing going on over here in Ohio. YAY :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessings flow...even when you least expect them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to know she's home with you! Super cool that she'll live down the road from me ;) Much love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! I tried to email you pics of your little girl but it wouldn't let me (said it failed permanently) ... let me know how to get them to you! :)

    ReplyDelete